giovedì 22 settembre 2011

[FREE] 'Burlesque?' 'No, thanks.'

Watching movies relaxes me, because every time I do it I have the feeling to be in a beautiful dream. But watching something that could not be considered a movie,  makes my dream become a nightmare. And it also really annoys me because cinema is an art, and so it should be interpreted.

Few days ago I decided to undergo to a never-ending torture: watching 'Burlesque' by Steve Antin. A girl  (Christina Aguilera) runs away from the oppressive Ohio to get to Los Angeles, hoping to become a well-known singer. She becomes the star of a nightclub called 'Burlesque', managed by a former dancer/singer.(Cher) A man (Stanley Tucci, who was probably either drunk or under drugs when he accepted the part. Maybe both) helpes Cher to organise the shows and to get dress the girls who work in 'Burlesque'. There is also the poor and handsome guy  too(Cam Gigandet), who wins back the love of Aguilera five minutes, maybe ten, before the movie finishes.Last, but not least, there is the redeemed villain (Kristen Bell), who is supposed to 'rock the boat'.

The only significant moments of the whole movie are when Aguilera sings, and the reason is clear. Otherwise, the script is the cliche' of the most american cliche' (sorry!!!) that you could ever read about or see. Everyone can achieve his/her goals and everything will come to the best end. Shall I continue? The actors/actresses, professional and not professional,  performed in a way that I don't even know how to define.

In my opinion, the fault of this flop is of the producers. I know that now they are trying to spend less money, because of the crisis, and at the same time earn as much as they can. But you can do both things without producing TRASH. During the 1950s/60s/70s, Italy produced movies with a few money, because they chose directors as Fellini, Germi, Pontecorvo, Leone, Gassman, NOT I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE Antin.

So tell me, please, why did you make and produced a movie that made me feel sick for the next three days?

2 commenti:

  1. One of my favorite film directors is Italian...Do you know about Ermanno Olmi?

    RispondiElimina
  2. Sure :D But I haven't seen any of his movies! I am collecting DVDs but I don't have time to watch them.. I should have something from him tough.

    RispondiElimina