giovedì 13 ottobre 2011

[RE] Let's steal a friend!

I took this quote from Christian's blog :

 Friend Stealer- Someone who thinks it is okay to steal other peoples friends and think they're best friends after talking to the person 3 times.
This is for me more like a ''Friends week'' rather then ''Spirit week''. I feel in the mood to write about this topic. But I promise,this will be the last time for the next two weeks, because is becoming a bit boring and sentimental. Anyways, when I read Christian's statement about friend stealing, I saw like a red light blinking in my head: ''Oh-oh, something is wrong there''. ''Friend Stealer'' What? I didn't even know that a friend could be stolen! Can you imagine to steal and to hide a 7 feet tall guy in your wallet without being seen? First you should be a body builder to lift and carry him the time you need. Then you should own a really big wallet were to keep him. A bit challenging, uh?

But hold on a second... People are not objects! Enlightenment! In the whole post Christian seems to talk about friends like of his own property, which sounds to me like a weird thing to say. Why should not a person become friend of people that are already friends with someone she/he knows? (I know you got the point!) If both parts want it, it's perfect! There are no third people who can decide how the friendships among them should develop. Not at all. That's the reason why I disagree when Christian talks about friend stealing: first because people are not objects..and second, maybe a friend of yours just meets a person who she/he feels very close and she/he tries to know her/him better...and vice versa. Not a big deal. And if a person, who is supposed to be a friend of yours is ''stolen'' by someone you know very quickly... Well, MAYBE, I say MAYBE, she/he wasn't the really good friend you thought...

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento